At Avenue Community Church, we love Christmas!
Usually at this time of year, we run a family carol service for our local community. This year, we aren't able to do that - so we thought we'd bring the nativity outside!
Around Clarendon Park from
Friday 18 December until Sunday 20 December (5pm-8pm every evening) there will be 8 house windows lit up with scenes telling the Christmas story.
Simply follow the stars on the map, use the QR codes or the links below to listen to the Christmas story as you walk, and at the end of the trail you will find a bag with goodies to enjoy.
The trail should last no more than 30 minutes at a gentle pace. If there are other family groups at a window, please be patient and mindful of one another.
You can download and print the map here. We hope you enjoy this walk through the wonderful true story of Christmas!
Click on the links below for audio of each part of the Christmas story from the Bible.
- The people walking in darkness have seen a great light (Isaiah 9:2,6-7)
- Mary and the angel (Luke 1:26-38)
- Joseph and the angel (Matthew 1:18-25)
- The journey to Bethlehem (Luke 2:1-5)
- The birth of Jesus in Bethlehem (Luke 2:6-7)
- The shepherds and the angels (Luke 2:8-15)
- The shepherds visit Jesus (Luke 2:16-20)
- The wise men visit Jesus (Matthew 2:1-12)